ALL PHOTOGRAPHY COPYRIGHT ©2011-2013 R.MURPHY and WHERETHEHELLISMURPH.COM. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.




Monday, July 5, 2010

Albuquerque NM.

Made it !!.
Left my house in Ft.Lauderdale at 5 am Saturday morning and pulled into Albuquerque NM at about 7 pm Sunday evening.A little over 2000 miles in about 40 hours.
I didn`t take any pictures from Florida all the way over to New Mexico,mainly because there isn`t a whole lot to see on I-40 West.
However crossing over the Texas /New Mexico state line at about 7pm,the sunset was just stunning.From the state line to Albuquerque is about 260 or so miles,and all the way there I was treated to the most beautifull colors in the sky,vivid blues and oranges that lasted the whole way there.


On the way through Texas on I-40,where everything is bigger including the storms,I drove through the mother of all hail storms,seriously !!.
What started out as a pretty regular looking rain storm :

..started to morph into this......

...and by the time I realised that I was screwed and had nowhere to go but forward it had turned into a seriously pissed off full throttle marble sized hailstorm.

On the eastbound side there was a pile up,peoples windshields were cracking,my whole body was getting pelted,I have a few bruises on my legs from it(really!!).
All I could do was try to punch through it,which I did about 10 miles down.
I arrived at my host Terris house,exhausted,battered by Texas,and hardly able to kep my eyes open,but very happy to have made it in one piece.

Post a Comment