ALL PHOTOGRAPHY COPYRIGHT ©2011-2013 R.MURPHY and WHERETHEHELLISMURPH.COM. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.




Wednesday, November 3, 2010

DEATH VALLEY Part 2.

The second week of my Death Valley stay has brought me to some really remote and incredible places,from deep in the Valley up in the Wildrose camp area to the Hard Luck Mine Castle, the 10 yr + personal castle project of Randy Johnston,built on solid rock,literally in the middle of nowhere.He graciously let me tour his astounding structure,which when complete will house amoung other amenities TWO full size church organs that he managed to pick up in San Francisco at the beginning of his endevour,complete with two pipe rooms to house the pipe stacks.
Pics will be in the next weeks post.

Since internet availability is very limited even in Beatty,the little town about 70 miles from where I`m camped at the moment(yes,thats how far I have to travel to do this !!),i`ll just get the pictures up while I can.
As always,I appreciate everyone who keeps in touch here on the blog and on my FB page and hope you understand just how remote and out of the cell service/internet loop I really am here(hence the 4 days or so between posts).
I`ll be leaving Death Valley the weekend of the 7th,so regular programming should resume by the week of the 8th.

I also had a question put to me by my friend Ron,a fellow motorcyclist about my camera gear,so I`ll answer his query here in case others were curious.
He wanted to know what camera body and lenses I was shooting with and what I used for post processing.Well Ron,yes,I`m still using the Nikon D90 body with a Nikon 16-85/3.5mm lens(which replaced the Tamron 18-270mm Zoom I had when we were at Daytona) and I also have a Nikon 70-300 Zoom which I really like.
PP is done with PS 7,it`s all I need right now.
Hope this answers your questions Ron,and thanks for being a regular to my little blog.



















Be Well

Murph






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad you're having fun in the boonies! We can't wait to see you back in the mountains. Your pictures, as always, are amazing.