ALL PHOTOGRAPHY COPYRIGHT ©2011-2013 R.MURPHY and WHERETHEHELLISMURPH.COM. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.




Thursday, October 20, 2011

My Travels Since Sept 1st.....


View Larger Map
Until the Vincent Owners Club International Rally pics are posted,I thought i'd put up a map of where i've been since the last week of August,well,i'm actually en route to FL as we speak,but i'll be there in a week.
7,000 miles as the crow flies,but add another 1000 for detours and such and it's comes out to about 8,000 miles travelled in about 2 months.
Way to much mileage really,as I think that to get a sense of a place you really need to slow down,have a coffee,look around,meet the people.
When I meet these "Iron Butt" guys who go from Key West to Alaska in record time,clocking up 900-1,000 miles a day,I have to ask myself did they even see anything?.
I did a 2,000 mile IBA(Iron butt Assn.) ride once and that was enough for me to realize that it's not a fun way to ride,quite pointless actually.Didn't even bother to send in the paperwork afterwards,just tore it up a few days later.
Well,I missed out on bragging rights at the bar,a T-shirt and a license plate holder(which you have to pay for)but I met a bunch of great people,some of whom are now friends I stay with when I pass through their town.
So the Sand Pit is next on the list.........


Coming up next:The VOC Rally.




Murph







No comments: